VECTOR25 reproduces man-made and natural features in a flexible vector format and is especially suitable for applications in geographic information systems (GIS).
VECTOR25 describes approximately 8.5 million objects with position, form and its neighbourhood relations (topology) as well as the kind of object and further special attributes. VECTOR25 is composed of 9 thematic layers:
Hedges and trees
All levels are available for the whole perimeter.
The 2008 version is the latest release of the product VECTOR25. Within the project Topographic Landscape Model TLM, the Federal Office of Topography swisstopo switched its production of vector spatial data in larger scales completely.
Thanks to these changes, we can offer more comprehensive and accurate vector data from 2010.
VECTOR25 exhibits the following quality features:
- full national coverage in homogeneous form and quality
- total independance with regard to the cut of sheets over the whole perimeter
- accuracy: 3-8 m (corresponding to the map accuracy)
- objects hold geometric minimum and maximum dimensions
- stable and unambiguous object identification
- simple structure
- different delivery formats: ESRI Shapefile, DXF
Thanks to its easy and well-defined structure, VECTOR25 can be used in a broad field of applications:
- Overlay to terrain models (DHM25) for 3D visualisations and analyses
- Basis for spatial analyses, simulations and planning
- Reference data for the construction of information systems (i.e. dynamic segmentation based on the traffic network of VECTOR25)
- Initial products for publications (e.g. maps, plans, Internet) and new products (multimedia-, navigations- or geomarketing-sotfware)
- Data model (INTERLIS 1)
Size: 6 Kb | Type: ZIP
- Now with hiking trails
364 Kb | PDF
Notification of an amendment (Now also for Smartphones)
Would you like to tell us about amendments, mistakes or additions that have not yet been taken into account in our maps and geodata? If so, you can use the revision service.
- "Revision service ".