Dufour Map 1:100 000
The so-called Federal and Cantonal topographic surveys served
as a basis for the publication of the Dufour Map. This is the first modern official map series of Switzerland.
All earlier editions are in the map collection.
Official name: Topographische Karte der Schweiz (no official English name)
Ellipsoid: Schmidt 1828
Projection: Equivalent conical projection
Point of origin for height measurements: Repère Pierre du Niton 376,2 m above sea level = 'old horizon'
- Method of ground representation: obliquely luminated hachures
- Method of reproduction: copperplate engraving
- Method of printing: intaglio printing (from 1905 also planographic printing)
- Colours: 1 (from 1908: 2, from 1938: 3)
- Map format: 70 x 48 cm = 3360 km2
- Number of sheets: 25
- First edition: 1845-1865
- Revision: until 1939
Map sheet index