Flying is carried out in collaboration with the Swiss Air Force. The Aerial Photography flight service plans and coordinates all flying requirements for Federal agencies and cantons as well as for public and private sector organisations.
Aerial photography is made for the following purposes:
- updating the Topographic Landscape Model (TLM) and the national maps
- the orthophoto mosaic (SWISSIMAGE)
- orders from the Federal Administration, cantons and privates
In addition the aircrafts are available for use as platforms for special flying requirements such as laser scanning or airborne gravimetry.
- Flight planning and offer the flight costs
- Comprehensive advice on matters such as optimal use of the digital sensor ADS80 and optimal timing for weather and vegetation conditions
- Coordination and implementation of all aerial operations in cooperation with the Air Force
- Processing of the trajectory and image control after the flight
Swiss Federal Office of Topography
Tel direct: +41 44 823 28 98
Tel airport: +41 44 823 23 11
Fax: +41 44 823 31 22
Ordinance on national survey (article 27)
The ordinances are available only in German and French.
Please choose your preferred language to access the desired document.
- Flyer (in german/french)
1204 Kb | PDF