With all the information we offer, we also wish to use the internet so as to reach as many people as possible. To achieve this we have taken account of the following standards:
- Usability standards for resolution, page layout and navigation tools for Federal websites (R013)
- Federal guidelines for the design of seamless websites (P028)
In particular, our website supports the requirements for handicapped persons.
The http://www.swisstopo.admin.ch domain respects both Priorities 1 and 2 of the WCAG 1.0 guideline as well as the additional Federal recommendations, with a small number of exceptions. These exceptions can take the form of depictions of cards or documents which are linked to these, such as, for example, keys to symbols and sheet overviews.
The following keyboard shortcuts have been defined for direct access to important pages:
- 0 = Direct to homepage
- 1 = Direct to navigation
- 2 = Direct to content
- 3 = Direct to contact
- 4 = Direct to sitemap
Here's how the access keys work:
- Internet Explorer: ALT + Access key number + Return
- Mozilla, Netscape, Firefox to V1.5: ALT + Access key number
- Firefox from V2.0: ALT + Shift + Access key number
- Macintosh: Ctrl + Access key number
Seamless access to external sources such as certain databases, computers, services and links is not fully available, notably for the following pages:
These external sources also include other websites managed by swisstopo, as follows:
swisstopo employees will be happy to provide further support to handicapped persons, should they have any difficulties in finding information or using the on-line services.
Tel. +41 31 963 21 11